Monday, May 5, 2008

thoughts: Sunday Funday Brunch in L.A.


Frankie and Nacho. Together forever.

Yesterday was one of those days that makes me realize how incredibly lucky I am to be living in this city.

I wake up in the morning, roll out of bed and go swimming with my dog. Who is wonderful.

Then I go over to my friend's brunch in Lincoln Heights, where my dog plays with the neighbor's dog, my friends eat blueberry pancakes in a tee pee which they built with their very own hands and sweat, on top of a hill, and we listen to the Kinks.

Then a few hours later in the early evening, we drive 10 minutes to go see a free show, where my favorite local band is playing, and they are mighty fantastic. And wonderful people. I love them.

After which we go back to the house, cook carne asada, and listen to Neil Young.

And the only thing I paid for all day, besides petrol of course, was a $1 Tecate. Which I guess labels me a freeloader, but also shows the generosity of the people in my life.





crystal antlers @ sugar

crystal antlers @ sugar