Thursday, June 12, 2008

I SEE HAWKS IN L.A. photos

Link:I SEE HAWKS IN L.A. WITH THE CHAPIN SISTERS @ THE ECHO 6.8.08

_MG_7996c
Photos by Rena Kosnett.

Los Angeles' own country heroes, I See Hawks In L.A., celebrated the release of their 4th album, Hallowed Ground, at the Echo. The Chapin Sisters proclaimed their love for I See Hawks by singing a few numbers with the quartet before the guests of honor wrastled the mic. The first number that vocalist Rob Waller sang, "Yolo Country Airport," had the opening lyrics: "Well I'm drunk, I'm stoned, and I'm tired." Of course I immediately thought, "Me too!" That's the nice thing about I See Hawks--they make you feel right at home. Couples were swirling around the floor, grinning from ear to ear and two-stepping their hearts out. And their senior superfans were right up front, singing along to all the lyrics of the NEW songs! Awesome. If anyone lives in Los Angeles, is a fan of country music, and hasn't yet discovered I See Hawks In L.A., now is the time. They are a county treasure, keeping up the spirit of Gram Parsons and Dillard & Clark.

_MG_7969c

_MG_7951c

_MG_7922c

_MG_7927c

_MG_7958c

No comments: